[Scribus] ISO page sizes

Henry Hartley henryhartley
Fri Feb 4 18:07:06 CET 2005

On Friday, February 04, 2005 9:14 AM, phma wrote:

>> Exactly the point ;) There are two different definitions of
>> the foot in use in America,

Well, not really.

Sure, the "Survey Foot" is defined as 1200/3937 meters which is (very
slightly) different from a standard "Foot" (0.3048 meters) but in practice,
and particularly for the purposes of printing, the difference is too small
to matter.  I doubt one in 100 people have ever even heard of it.  The
survey foot is 1.000002 the length of a foot.  That difference comes to
0.6096 microns per foot.  If you are surveying land, that small difference
adds up and will matter but when you are working with paper, even at
billboard size, it's fairly negligible.  You need to be dealing with about
164 feet (roughly 50 meters) before the difference even reaches 0.1 mm.

Or is there yet *another* foot that I don't know about?

--
Henry