[Scribus] A few questions and a possible feature

Kobus Wolvaardt kobuswolf
Tue Feb 1 03:19:15 CET 2005

Hi all,

I have a few questions and I want to find out if the feature are worth it,
and get comments, before I submit it.

1. Feature: Is it possible to add the ability to select a few different
objects and automatically add a box underneath them (good for making
background shadows or drawing a line around it). I know its possible to do
it by drawing a box and sending it to back, but it will make the interface
a bit easier to use. Also there should be a way to make the box a bit
bigger than the objects (margins). This could also be used to make
bounding (space holders...I think you call it a bounding box) boxes for
pictures and other objects.

2. Is drop caps possible? I can make a letter big, but I cant drop it...
is there a automatic way? I know its easy to make a second text box but I
think its a bit to basic not to have. Or maybe I just missed it :-)

3. Are there drop shadows for photo's and other boxes? See 1 for a
possible solution (make top and right margins 0mm and make the bottom and
left +2mm and then you have a 2mm colored bar to the left and bottom) It
just seems to make sense.

How do I create a new style? I cant seem to find it in the manual...is it
in the online docs (why isnt the online docs in the program then?)? Just
wondering.

As always ... great product and keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Kobus

P.S. We are close to doing our newspaper on scribus. Very cool and
exciting :-)

--
Produksiebestuurder
Die W?reld media