[Scribus] Scripter in Scribus 1.3.1

PLinnell mrdocs
Thu Dec 15 19:46:21 CET 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 19:16, Bob Barton wrote:
> I just installed scribus 1.3.1 from the Dag RPM repository for
> Redhat Enterprise Level 4 and I don't see the scripter icon when I
> run scribus. Since I used the rpm to do the install I am uncertain
> what the prefix for scribus should be so I can install the scriptor
> plugin. I think it is /usr/share/scribus but I would like
> confirmation that this is so. Thank you.

I have determined that the rpm from DAG does not have the correct
dependencies for Scribus. I have written their rpm maintainer and
included a very well tested and refined rpm spec file specific for
RH/Fedora.

If you are familiar with building rpms, I can easily send a spec file
off-list.

As far as I know, the scripter is not packaged separately.

In this case, I would recommend removing the rpm completely and
installing from source using the hints in the BUILDING file included
in the source tarball. That file lists specifically each rpm -devel
package needed to correctly compile and install Scribus.

Peter