[Scribus] Problem with Gradient in PDF

Simon Schneebeli simon.schneebeli
Wed Dec 14 22:05:17 CET 2005

Hello all,

I've set up Scribus 1.3.2cvs on my iBook G4 (macos 10.4.3) some time ago
to create some nice flyers and newsletters.

Scribus sure looks like a great programme (although it would be nicer to
use it on a faster computer).

I have however encountered an important problem: I use some fields with
colour gradient. For printing I have exported it as PDF. In Apples
Preview, this colour gradiant appears correclty, but not in Adobe's
Reader (Version 7) as you can see in the attached file.

I would actually like to have the same green gradient in the whole box
and not only in half of it.

Is there a way to change this? To make it appear correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Simon

PS: I have tried different pdf levels (1.3 to x-pdf) and it's all the
same. I have also tried out the x11 version of scribus (1.3.1).
--
Simon Schneebeli