[Scribus] Scribus + TeX combo.

John R. Culleton john
Wed Dec 14 19:18:28 CET 2005

While text handling in Scribus continues to improve it is still
well short of the level provided by more text-oriented packages
such as TeX and InDesign. Therefore I wonder if there is a way to
marry the layout capabilities of Scribus with the line and
paragraph making capabilities of TeX?  What I am thinking of is a
way to flow a column of text already in PostScript form into a
set of linked pages in Scribus. Or perhaps each column's worth of
text could be imported as a separate ps file. I am most concerned
with the ability to retain the postscript characteristic of the
text, without reducing it to a bitmap.

It is well known that InDesign borrows (legally) much of its
paragraph making logic directly from Tex. So another approach
would be to replace the present text handling routines with
their TEX equivalents.

Has anyone experimented in these directions?

John Culleton
Able Indexers and typesetters.