[Scribus] Wiki Spam

Ludi Maciel iludi
Wed Dec 14 01:02:22 CET 2005

Em Ter 13 Dez 2005 21:21, Benjamin Green escreveu:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:57:17 -0000, Ludi Maciel <iludi at uol.com.br> wrote:
> > Well, the amarok team is facing the same kind of thing, they are also
> > looking
> > for a solution.
> > MediaWiki is not going to do anything to help out. The only solution so
> > far is
> > hack the mediawiki code to make Captcha works.
> > http://www.fxparlant.net/Captcha15
> > So if you are a php expert and got a lot of free time avaliable...
> >
> > Ludi
>
> This is certainly true for automated spam from spam-bots, but not against
> human attacks. What exactly are we getting for the Scribus Wiki though?

Quote from Amarok e-mail list:

- I think its mostly robots. A captcha at time of registration would work
- nicely.

Why not when you change a page, it would be more effective, perhaps more
annoying to, though...
Otherwise you can manually register a bot, let it login and then let it ruin
all the pages...

> I have been impressed with the text based CAPTCHA in
> http://tavi.sourceforge.net/WikkiTikkiTavi , the only one I have seen that
> doesn't use bitmapped graphics.

But CAPTCHA is not working under 1.5.3 AFAIK. Is this working?

Ludi.