[Scribus] x86_64

andrew at kellerfarm.com andrew
Sun Dec 11 22:45:02 CET 2005

>>> Motherboard snuffed it on Monday, so I took the plunge and went
>>> 64 bit. Bloody amazing at the speed Scribus now works at. It was
>>> fast before, but it's like hot brown goo off a shovel!
>>
>> that's on linux, right?
>
> Given it's me, yep.

okay, just making sure that time isn't going faster than I think...
(i'm using osx, and right about now, I'm very happy that I use a high
level programming language...  most of the c++ people I know are
going nuts)

Just out of curiosity, from a programming standpoint, will Apple's
switch to x86 be a piece of cake for Scribus?  I'm no expert on low
level programming, but I'm guessing that even with the same processor
family, operating system differences keep the platforms at least
somewhat separate...

Andrew Keller