[Scribus] Managing page break in OpenOffice documents

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Dec 8 17:57:04 CET 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:02:33AM +0100, Fabien Z wrote:

> So my question is : is there a way to tell Scribus that a page break in
> OO should be interpreted as a jump in the next linked text frame?

If it doesn't do it already, then most likely it's not supported at
present. However, Scribus does support column breaks (at least in
1.3.x), and though I don't think it does page breaks yet the two are
equivalent if you have only one single-column frame in the linked series
per page.

Extending the OpenOffice.org Writer importer to suppport reading in page
breaks probably wouldn't be too hard, nor creating them in Scribus as
part of the import process. I say "probably" because I haven't
investigated either, it's an impression only.

--
Craig Ringer