[Scribus] acroread for Scribus files ?

John Jordan johnxj
Thu Dec 8 02:10:22 CET 2005

On 7 Dec 2005, at 14:10, Nicholas Vettese wrote:

> Can you run "acroread" from the command line or a "Run" dialog?

No. All I get is "command not found."

I did a search from / for "acroread" and found:

usr/share/apps/kdisplay/app-defaults/AcroRead.ad
home/jjj/.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments/AcroRead.ad[2].deskto
usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/128x128/apps/acroread.png
usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/16x16/apps/acroread.png
usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/apps/acroread.png
usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/48x48/apps/acroread.png
usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/64x64/apps/acroread.png

Beats me what is going on.

Acrobat Reader is not listed in Synaptic. But that does not surprise
me, since Synaptic for 64-bit Ubuntu does not display apps if they
are not installable. I installed it manually, as I recall, after
downloading and untarring the debian package. It's been over a
month since I did it and I don't recall for sure exactly how. I think I
remember reading a wiki or something from Ubuntu or elsewhere
explaining how to do it.