[Scribus] scribus + bash

William Volkman wkvscribus
Sat Dec 3 19:48:05 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 13:15 +0100, Marcin Kuk wrote:
> I would like to execute scribus in text mode in BASH environment. I
> don't want GUI. I would like to put the values from my database (ie:
> by command line) and force scribus to put this value into earlier
> prepared boxes in template which will automatically printed.
> I need it to print pretty looking invoices.
>
> Maybe is another project which can do that more simply?

Yes, very very, simply.  The RLIB product is designed specifically
for this, it produces PDF, HTML, text, and CSV.  Get the source
and look at the examples.  Use the unstable version, 1.3.6
(it has the most features and is used in production at
a number of sites).  The PHP or Python examples are the most
up to date. Go to: http://rlib.sicompos.com/

HTH,
William.