[Scribus] scribus + bash

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Sat Dec 3 13:22:20 CET 2005

> I would like to execute scribus in text mode in BASH environment. I
> don't want GUI. I would like to put the values from my database (ie:
> by command line) and force scribus to put this value into earlier
> prepared boxes in template which will automatically printed.
> I need it to print pretty looking invoices.

After reading all comments, includnig the fact that you are not using X, I really wonder why you would like tu use Scribus for the task?

It can't be because you can design the invoice in Scribus (because you won't be able to do that without X).

Is it because Scribus PDF output capabilities? I can not see how that would matter if you are just going to print it?

If I were to do something like this I would simply use perl to create postscript output and send directly to the printer. Postscript is a lot easier to create than PDF.

/Peter