[Scribus] scribus + bash

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Sat Dec 3 06:43:25 CET 2005

Hi Martin,

On 12/2/05, Marcin Kuk <marcin.kuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to execute scribus in text mode in BASH environment. I
> don't want GUI. I would like to put the values from my database (ie:
> by command line) and force scribus to put this value into earlier
> prepared boxes in template which will automatically printed.
> I need it to print pretty looking invoices.

I have been reading all the related posts and now I recall that
someone did tell me (on Scribus list) a couple of months back that
first creating a PDF form in Scribus (using some JavaScript for
submitting etc) and then opening it and then filling the PDF form with
data and then e-mailing it to some address results in _filled_ PDF
forms when you open the PDFs from the target e-mail address' inbox.

It was a great tip!  May be you can get some scripting tool (bash?) to
auto-fill the scribus-created PDF form 1000 times and use the same
script to auto-send the filled PDF form via your interal e-mail
network to a desired e-mail address and then use a script to open all
1000 e-mails and print them!  Yes, having to deal with 1000 emails is
_too_ much, I agree!

May be other people on the list can now recall the post I am talking
about and give useful feedback.

Good problem anyway!

--
Best regards,