[Scribus] Re: HELP!! Scribus 1.3 "can't write the PDF file"

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Wed Aug 31 22:29:28 CEST 2005

Dnia ?roda, 31 sierpnia 2005 20:32, Robert R. Di Giorgio napisa?:

> >Please give a backtrace or something. Maybe try running Scribus with:
> >strace -o debug.txt scribus
> >and search in this file for any hints as of why it doesn't write your
> > file. If you are unfamilliar with it, you can send the trace to me, and
> > I'll see if I can help more.
> >
> >BTW - why do you use Scribus 1.3 for production work? What has the
> >*development* version what 1.2.x doesn't have and that you seriously need?
>
> I ran: strace -o debug.txt scribus, and when Scribus opened I opened the
> file and attempted to write the PDF file, with the same results. But
> afterward, I could not find the debug.txt file. Is that it's correct name?

This shouldn't have happend, if strace is installed, this file should be in
the directory from where you run it.
Maybe the apparent missing of this file is somewhat related to your issue with
saving the pdf file (weird SELinux policy? Maybe try to disable it, there
should an app for it, sorry but I can't tell the name exactly, because I'm
using an other distro...)

> The feature that 1.8 has and I believe 1.2.x doesn't have it text frame
> connecting. That's very useful for my 24-page publication, with several
> articles running from 2 to 8 pages.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions?

Scribus 1.2.x has text frame linking, just look at the toolbar, there should
be an icon with two colums and an ">" sign (sort of)

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
?rem, Poland