[Scribus] Acrobat Preflight

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Aug 24 17:16:08 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 14:47, Ranjan Ghosh wrote:
> Hi my precious list members ;-)
>
> I'm just trying to figure out why Acrobat Pro 6.0 integrated
> preflight checking wont work with my Scribus PDF's. It always
> claims there is a parsing error. Is the PDF created by Scribus in
> some way non-standard? Could this cause problems in production? I
> wouldnt really like to feed the PDF through Ghostscript again to
> clean it up.
>
> Thanks for any information!
>
> Ranjan
>
> --
> FUP AG
> Ranjan Ghosh
> Leiter Software-Entwicklung
> E-Mail: ghosh at fup.de
> Ruttenscheider Str. 110, D-45130 Essen
> Telefon: +49 201 72004-0
> Telefax: +49 201 72004-18
> Website: www.fup.de

Hi,

I have seen that error with 5.0.5, but never with Acrobat 6.0.1+

I have looked at hundreds of Scribus PDF's in Acrobat 6. I am
convinced this is a un-common Acrobat bug in 5.0.5, as I have seen
PDF from other applications have the same error. Note that this is in
Acrobat itself, not the pre-flghter. That pre-flighter is a more
basic version of PDFInspektor from callas.de

More detailed notes: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2476

Cheers,

Peter