[Scribus] Re: pdf export - font problem

Andreas Vox vox
Tue Aug 23 20:13:09 CEST 2005

Arun Swarup wrote:
> i dont know if this question has been addressed before (if so, i
> couldn't find it)
>
> I am using Fedora Core 4 & i compiled Scribus 1.3.0 from source
>
> Now, when I prepare a document & I export it to PDF, the text does not
> show up as proper text, but like vector graphics or something

Currently Scribus handles subsetting fonts as converting to vectors.
You can control that behaviour via PDF Export->Fonts.
Furthermore, there's a global option in Preferences->Fonts which
controls subsetting.
It is on by default for CJK fonts.

In two cases Scribus must unconditionally use subsetting:
* OTF fonts
* Some TTF fonts which don't have proper PS names

> what i mean is, i cannot hightlight/select the text, it is like an
> image
>
> when i check the font list in adobe reader, it is empty

That is to be expected for subsetted fonts. We will fix that later
during 1.3.x development.

/Andreas