[Scribus] Continuing problems building cvs versions

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Aug 18 19:34:02 CEST 2005

Hi Martin,

> One thing to keep in mind with cvs is: If you put garbage into a file,
> then cvs will not correct it, it will rather go to some lengths merging
> your garbage into all new versions of the file, unlesss you erase it and
> get a fresh copy.

I tried with a *fresh* cvs version, stored in a new directory.

> I am mentioning this, because your real error message certainly is not
> what you are showing here ("founde"? There are at least two lines
> superposed). If it really looks on screen like the above, then  perhaps
> editing files with an editor that uses the same screen output routines
> can corrupt your source files.

I wondered about the "founde" as well. I didn't edit any of the files. I
just ran "make -f Makefile.cvs" in the new dirctory.

> Did you ever run "cvs diff admin/cvs.sh" or look if there are any
> suspicious characters on lines 8 and 9 of that file?

I had a look at the files in Kate and didn't find anything suspicious
(at least to my untrained eye).

Christoph