[Scribus] Continuing problems building cvs versions

Martin Costabel costabel
Thu Aug 18 16:18:37 CEST 2005

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my problems in building cvs versions of scribus continue. I still get
> the same output:
>
> christoph at linux:~/Scribus> make -f Makefile.cvs
> : command not founde 8:
> '/admin/cvs.sh: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token `
> '/admin/cvs.sh: line 9: `call_and_fix_autoconf()
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Fehler 2
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2

One thing to keep in mind with cvs is: If you put garbage into a file,
then cvs will not correct it, it will rather go to some lengths merging
your garbage into all new versions of the file, unlesss you erase it and
get a fresh copy.

I am mentioning this, because your real error message certainly is not
what you are showing here ("founde"? There are at least two lines
superposed). If it really looks on screen like the above, then  perhaps
editing files with an editor that uses the same screen output routines
can corrupt your source files.

Did you ever run "cvs diff admin/cvs.sh" or look if there are any
suspicious characters on lines 8 and 9 of that file?

--
Martin