[Scribus] Weird behaviour of the Wiki, Part II

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Aug 9 02:58:36 CEST 2005

Hi all,

there seem to be some serious problems with the Wiki software. Leaving
aside what seems to me as an obvious act of vandalism at 10:18, 8 Aug
2005 by a user called Bjgyg, sometimes, when two contributors submit
their changes at the same time, a single chapter currently updated will
be saved as the _whole_ page. In acting as it is, the work of many
volunteers may/will be deleted. It took me some hours to restore the
page
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Glossary_of_technical_terms_used_in_Scribus_and_its_translations
to the best of my knowledge by cross-checking with previous versions.

I urge all contributors to check if their work is restored. This is
really odd, since I already had to start emergency measures for the
third or fourth time. Can this behaviour be changed?

It's also worth mentioning, that the glossary has reached a point of
becoming really useful. Dutch, German, and Polish translations look very
good, French and Portuguese are catching up very fast, and Italian has
started. Lots of links in the languages mentioned above have been added,
so please feel free to start contributing in your mother tongue.

Christoph