[Scribus] Scribus and Mac: more

Elaine coolowl coolowl
Mon Aug 8 13:07:25 CEST 2005

On Mon,  8 Aug 2005 08:56:58 +0200 (CEST),
scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de re-arranged the electrons thusly:
> If there is some message about dyld that hints at a problem with the
> installation of the frameworks/libraries.
Thank you Andreas - this is the entry in Console:

Mac OS X Version 10.3 (Build 7B85)
2005-08-09 20:42:08 +1000
dyld: /Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/MacOS/Scribus can't open
library:
@executable_path/../Frameworks/libjpeg.framework/Versions/A/libjpeg
(No such file or directory, errno = 2)

I have moved the Framework folder from, um, er - the first of the
directions to the second when Scribus didn't launch first time around.

Diddling about in Console is not quite my scene ;-)) which is one
reason why I wanted to try the OS X version rather than have to face
convoluted instructions to instal with X11.

Thank you to Tom and Greg for taking the time to respond :-)))

> I'm Mac User but more information from Elaine are necessary.
? er - what kind of info? I wanted to be succint and not bother listas
who were not interested in Macs.

I *will* live long enough to work with this application! It came highly
recommended but at the time I first heard about it, no Mac version was
available.

Elaine in Brisbane, Australia