[Scribus] Translation/language question: Standard English vs. American English

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Aug 4 00:59:39 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have a question to the English native speakers contributing to the
project.

There are (at least) two international variancies of English: Standard,
aka British English, and American English with some differences in
spelling (col_ou_r vs. col_o_r, rasteri_s_e vs. rasteri_z_e, etc.). I
was surprised to find the American variancy used in the docs, and even
in the en_GB.ts file, since Standard English is used in more countries
(Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India ...)
as an official language. Moreover, none of the developers seems to be a
US resident.

I am, personally, a bit confused when it comes to contributing to the
Wiki, because I'm not sure which variancy should be applied. I learned
Standard English at school, but would have no problem using AE instead.

So, Peter, Craig, and Craig, which is it?

Thanks in advance for a clarification,

Christoph

P.S.: I don't want to start a flame war on spelling variancies here. As
a German, I am sick and tired of the war waging for years on the topic
in my own country.