[Scribus] Scribus1.3.0 -- paragraph styles in incoming text.

Peter Barnes pjb
Mon Aug 1 15:04:52 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Riku Leino" <tsoots at gmail.com>
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Scribus1.3.0 -- paragraph styles in incoming text.
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:25:28 +0300

> Robert R. Di Giorgio kirjoitti viestiss??n (l?hetysaika perjantai, 29.
> hein?kuuta 2005 21:10):
> > I need two other choices:
> > 1. Use style [existing styles list]. Let me decide what style I want in
> > my magazine.
> Use text filters. Sample of this can be found from the wiki under the header
> "Laying out articles". I'm sure this is also possible using OO.o importer
> just have not played with them that much I could give you instruction right
> now.
>
> > 2. Use no style. (better than any of the existing options.)
> Import plain text file. Or if importing for example from OO.o file, select the
> check box called "Import Text Only"

I did not initiate this thread but would like to make a comment related to the discussion, having just started looking at Scribus as way of doing my DTP in Linux.

I have tried the text filter approach to importing text with tags for paragraph styles but it seems to only allow ASCII text. Therefore paragraph styles are imported but I cannot see a way to use tags for character level style such as italics in the body text.

Also, when I tried importing an OpenOffice document which had several paragraph styles, these styles seemed to be largely imported successfully - but where I had used italics in the text this had become roman.

My ideal would be to be able to use the text filters in an RTF file and be able to import paragraph styles via tags, and have character styles retained intact.

Is there any plan for allowing RTF import?
Thanks,
Peter