[Scribus] Local Fonts option in Acrobad 7

PLinnell mrdocs
Sat Apr 30 11:56:57 CEST 2005

On Saturday 30 April 2005 00:08, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> The "Acrobat Reader/Advanced Settings" section of the "DTP Toolbox"
> node of the documentation says:
>
> "Advanced Settings - Unfortunately, Adobe did not enable a
> graphical UI choice for enabling/disabling local fonts. What this
> means Acrobat will use locally installed fonts which are named in
> the PDF, if it can find them in your font path. In your home
> directory is a .acrobat/prefs file. Make a backup copy then open
> this file in a text editor. Almost at the end you are looking for
> this line:
>
> /avpUseLocalFonts [/b true]"

This affects only Acro Reader 5+

> I don't have this setting in my adobe preference file.

It is a menu choice, common on all Reader 7 versions Windows and
Linux. I've not tested MACOSX yet.

> I am using
> the latest Acrobat reader (7 something) for linux. Please note that
> I am not questioning the documentation. I am only curious as to
> whether the local fonts are being used or not as I am currently
> exploring the documentation in detail.
>
> - - -
> Best regards
>
> Asif

Note, this *is* cvs.
There are parts of the docs which are getting re-written and are being
proofed. 1.2.2 final release will have everything carefully proofed.

Peter