[Scribus] Local Fonts option in Acrobad 7

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Sat Apr 30 00:08:57 CEST 2005

The "Acrobat Reader/Advanced Settings" section of the "DTP Toolbox" node of
the documentation says:

"Advanced Settings - Unfortunately, Adobe did not enable a graphical UI
choice for enabling/disabling local fonts. What this means Acrobat will use
locally installed fonts which are named in the PDF, if it can find them in
your font path. In your home directory is a .acrobat/prefs file. Make a
backup copy then open this file in a text editor. Almost at the end you are
looking for this line:

/avpUseLocalFonts [/b true]"

I don't have this setting in my adobe preference file. I am using the latest
Acrobat reader (7 something) for linux. Please note that I am not
questioning the documentation. I am only curious as to whether the local
fonts are being used or not as I am currently exploring the documentation in
detail.

- - -
Best regards

Asif