[Scribus] Text frame indent problem

wayne iw
Thu Apr 28 18:48:05 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 06:25 pm, Louis Desjardins wrote:

> >Just ran into this problem:
> >
> >I have a text frame with left first line indent set in paragraph style.
> >When I create a rectangle and set "text flows around frame," then overlap
> > this rectangle onto the text frame, the text in the frame all move right
> > but the first line indents disappear. How do I keep the indents? This
> > also occurs with overlapping image and text frames.
>
> Hi Wayne,
>
> I ran into the same problem.
> AFAIK it is not solved yet. Not sure about 1.2.2 cvs. Have to check.
>
> The quickest workaround is to duplicate the corresponding stylesheet
> and increase the indent value. Then, apply that style to the
> paragraph in cause.
>
> For some reason, Scribus still calculates the indent from the left
> side of the text frame although the rest of the text is correctly
> pushed away by the overlapping object. So, simply increasing the
> value of the indent does the trick.
>
> Not super-efficient, but it works. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, that workaround does work. However, if you
make any changes in the style (change font size, etc.), you will have to do
it to all of the other related styles too, which sort of defeats the purpose
of having styles in the first place, especially if you're dealing with many
different size indents. This is not a complaint, just an observation.
I'll have to try 1.2.2 if the problem is solved there.

Thanks,
Wayne