[Scribus] Non-printable characters

PLinnell mrdocs
Sun Apr 24 01:19:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sunday 24 April 2005 00:39, Claudius Wettstein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first of all thank you so much for the great program. I am using it
> from time to time e.g for creating concert program booklets, or
> concert posters (I am cellist) or for c.v.'s. and people being used
> to work with Quark e.al. are always impressed.

You are not alone in the music category. http://realmofmusic.com has
done some stunning work not just posters, cd covers and tickets with
Scribus.

> Since these products are quite graphical (more than e.g a newspaper
> magazine), one feature that I am missing again and again is the
> option to show non-printable "characters" such as blanks or
> returns. Sometimes I really get crazy to distuingish between blanks
> or kernings or to see where is a return or a empty line. Also
> debugging documents such as finding plenkings (double blanks)
> becomes quite uncomfortable. Since I 've submitted this as a
> feature request quite some time ago, I am wondering if I am alone
> with this need? How do you work arround if you think scribus lacks
> this feature, too? Can I still hope for this feature?
>
> Thank you very much for some thoughts about this theme.
>
> Claudius Wettstein

As for adding it to 1.2.2, honestly it is doubtful as we are trying to
make it as stable as possible. All new features are going into the
1.3.x development series and something like you asked for is a:
reasonable and b: very useful.

We do consider all user requests when we work out the roadmap. The
roadmap is here: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/1.3.x_Roadmap and
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/1.3.x_Roadmap_Extras.

Extras indicates we did not have a time frame in mind and things from
Extra will migrate as time passes.

The best way to insure a feature gets implemented is to make sure you
have filed it at http://bugs.scribus.net. This is how we track these
and I can say truthfully we do look at everyone.

Cheers,
Peter