[Scribus] Re: Colour management...

Suki Venkat, [TnQ] skvenkat
Sat Apr 23 17:53:57 CEST 2005

Hi,

Thanks Craig and Peter!
I am wondering if RGB printers are more to do with small-scale direct
digital (inkjet/laserjet printers) print-on-demand kind of thing and
CMYK is more to do with the large-scale printing houses with those big
Hiedelberg Offset Machines.

BTW:I remember one of those large printers (again one of those classical
old ones in Europe that was threatened by Asian market), some years
back, showing me some direct PC prints with colour figures that he was
quite impressed with, which he probably uses for print-on-demand kind of
thing, probably for offprint orders of journal articles etc...
At that time the quality was okay but a bit off the mark.
Are these small digital PC printers in a position now to threaten these
large printing machines technologically and cost-wise - analogous to the
PC versus Main-Frame computers situation?

Suki