[Scribus] photo-album script

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Apr 23 11:24:56 CEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 10:59 +0200, Craig Bradney wrote:

> There are many things that will stop a script performing in 1.3 as in 1.2.2
> that may not yet have been fixed or are just different. One thing is the
> inserting of frames is not always right as you will note we have added
> variable sized scratch space/pasteboard around pages and better support for
> facing pages. Positioning might be completely off for these reasons.

It'll get fixed, there's just only so much time to work on things and at
this stage most of the 1.3 work is going into the core code.

Compatibility for scripts is important, though there have been a few
intentional changes that will require older scripts to be updated for
1.3 (though the updated script will still work in 1.2.2). The most
important is that the old FunctionNames() and ConstantNames have been
replaced with functionNames() and CONSTANT_NAMES and made more
consistent.

There are also new facilities in 1.3's scripter that will not be
backported to 1.2.x . Any omissions in the other direction (functions in
1.2.x but not 1.3) are bugs and should be reported.

--
Craig Ringer