[Scribus] Big problem with RGB-image

Jan Ulrich Hasecke janulrich.hasecke
Thu Apr 21 14:43:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have experienced a very bad print job. A RGB-Logo given to me was
very pale in the print-pdf I sent to a print shop. Now I want to
understand, what was wrong.

The Logo was provided as RGB and I thought that I could simply use it,
scribus would find the right cmyk-conversion. That was obviously a
fault.

Is it correct,that Scribus does not make right cmyk-pdf-exports from a
given rgb-image. I am not yet using color management, because I always
thought that this is only relevant when doing scans or mixing own
colors in rgb-modus, but not when you get a scaled and proved image,
which should contain the logo in the correct color.

 From this mailing list I learned that there are issues with cmyk-images
but not with rgb-images.

If anyone will have a look at my work, please mail me. I will provide a
tarball.

TIA
juh