[Scribus] speed problem once more

Thomas R. Koll tomk32
Tue Apr 19 06:52:26 CEST 2005

Hi,
Sorry for late answer.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:56:43AM +0200, kuba wrote:

> i've searched the archive a bit and found other people reporting speed
> issues but in this case the behaviour is i think quite different. when i
> put some text frames on the page it starts to work very slowly, i.e.
> display is very slow (and it is only on pages with the text). it doesn't
> seem to be connected with any particular order of joined frames (as sb

Yes, it's the text frames that make it slow.
First is not to use automatic hypehnation which makes it only worse because
every single syllable is generated as a own object, so set the hyphens
manually.
What I didn't test yet is wether rendering a justified text is slower that
rendering a aligned text. I'm sure there's some difference.
If that is still too slow for you, i have a hack to render only the
selected page, but i don't think you're using cvs1.3 and you should anyways.

ciao, tom
--
== Weblinks ==
* http://verlag.tomk32.de/ - WikiReader Digest als Print-Ausgabe