[Scribus] Re: GPLed fonts

Marvin Dickens marvindickens
Tue Apr 19 06:59:20 CEST 2005

On Monday 18 April 2005 10:37 pm, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Marvin Dickens wrote:
> >I might add (Depends on your point of view...) that it's never a good idea
> > to use gpl fonts to produce internal company documents of any kind.
>
> You know, I just have a hard time with statements like this...sort of
> like trying to envision the GPL Police storming into your company and
> demanding all of your documents!?  Marvin, I think maybe you need to get
> more sleep.

Greg,

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I take exception to
statements like "you need to get more sleep". This is my opinion and I
stand by it. Also, in the event you think our worry (My employer) is based
on "gpl police" - whatever or whoever you think they are, you are mistaken.
But, then again, the nature of our concerns are not yours - you don't
even know what the nature of our business is.

When I made the assertion that started this thread, you and others challenged
me to produce reasonable and plausable documentation to back up my statement.
I did. Therefore, I challenge you to provide the same type of documentation
stating that I have no worries. I could await your post, but unless the fsf
changes the licensing right now - I'd be waiting for something you cannot
possibly produce.

Also, FWIW, I wish I had never started this thread. I should have kept it to
myself and avoided the grief. My days of posting to this list are over.
People like you make it a big pain in the ass.

Regards

Marvin