[Scribus] font management

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Apr 17 19:47:39 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 13:47 -0400, Marvin Dickens wrote:

> True. Also, it is note worthy to point out that using gpl licensed fonts
> in a document makes the document a derived work of the font and
> therefore, subject to the gpl.

I personally think the GPL is a bit of a mess for anything but fairly
traditional software ... how do you define "linking" for a font? (or a
web service, for that matter). My own intuition in this case would say
that the document wouldn't have to be subject to the GPL just because a
font that it uses is, but I'm no lawyer.

I'd be very interested in your source for that assertion.

--
Craig Ringer