[Scribus] Update Scribus 1.2.1

Russ russbucket
Sat Apr 16 01:50:56 CEST 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 03:54 pm, PLinnell wrote:
> On Saturday 16 April 2005 00:49, Russ wrote:
> > >
> > > 1.2.2 isnt out .. yet.
> > >
> > > CVS instructions are at docs.scribus.net under installation.
> > >
> > > Craig
> >
> > I downloaded the cvs today and went thru the install process. When
> > I do the ./configure I get the following error:
> >
> > 	checking for style of include used by make... GNU
> > checking for gcc... gcc
> > checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
> > checking whether the C compiler works... yes
> > checking whether we are cross compiling... no
> > checking for suffix of executables...
> > checking for suffix of object files... o
> > checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
> > checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> > checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
> > checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> > checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
> > checking for freetype-config... ./configure: line 3503: error::
> > command not found
> > no
> > configure: error: You need at least freetype 2.1.0
> >
> > When I check YaSt it shows freetype as version 2.1.7.53.6-i586. is
> > installed. Do I need the development library installed also? or is
> > this a bug in the ,/configure file. I thought I saw something on
> > this on the mail list but a search under freetype did not show it.
> > Is there a patch?
> >
> > Thanks for your support.
>
> Hi,
>
> You need freetype2-devel from the Suse rpms.
>
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=install&page=install2
>
> Has the complete list of needed libraries.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

I installed all the programs I was missing and reran ./configure. I now get
this error:

checking for _NSGetEnviron... no
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your
installationand add the correct paths!

This is the first cvs I have ever installed and am relatively new to Linux.
What is X and where do I need to add the paths? I looked at the config files
but did not see a reference to X. I do have CUPS-devel and openssl-devel
installed per the readme file.

If you can give me a hint I'd be greatful.
--
Russ