[Scribus] font management?

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Fri Apr 15 08:17:52 CEST 2005

Peter Nermander wrote:

>>I can't seem to find anything out there for managing fonts. Here, I'm
>>referring to managers such as Adobe Type Manager or Extensis Suitcase.
>>Suggestions? Ideas?
>>

>I think using folders, maybe together with gfontview, comes very close to what
>you need.
>
>http://gfontview.sourceforge.net/
>
>Also found something called fontlinge, but haven't tried it.
>
>http://www.gesindel.de/index.php

Just looked at the fontlinge site. Looks very promising in a very scary
sort of way (extensive use of 'rm'???). It appears that all it needs is
a way to load/unload and then restart the font server to become a really
good start at a proper management tool.

--
__
Faster than a speeding slug!