mailing list lingua franca was Re: [Scribus] plug - ins....

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Wed Apr 13 16:20:12 CEST 2005

Thomas R. Koll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I didn't want to sound rude, only wanted Normann to understand why
> I answer in English instead of German.
>
> ciao, tom

I will be honest that I did bristle at your reply to Normann. I replied to it
because I had not seen that sentiment expressed in this list before to
a non-English post and did not want others to be discouraged from
posting in other languages if they are not confident of their command
of English. (I am a native English speaker and do not know German
though I do know French and Spanish.) I posted with some trepidation,
but was gratified by the honest and civil discussion that ensued.
Thank you, everyone, for that.

That said, your reply was politely worded and civil. I see from your
words above that I did not interpret your initial comment the way
you intended it. If I offended you, I apologize. My intent was not to
single you out and point fingers but to clarify. Thank you for being
patient and civil through the discussion as well.

--
Carol Kankelborg