[Scribus] Fill Characters?

Petr Vaněk petr
Tue Apr 12 10:50:43 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 12 of April 2005 07:57, Steve Jacobs wrote:
> This<I/S>That
> Something<I/S>Else
>
> generated
>
> This            That
> Something       Else
>
> Insert Leader did the same thing, but using dots instead of white space.
>
> It seems to me this would be fairly easy to script, if there is a Python
> function which will return the amount of unsed space remaining in a
> line. Is there such a thing?

unfortunately there is no function for it. Craig R. have tested some font
metrics via Python but with very small luck (=no luck imho;))

I use small workaround - set forced formating on the text frame. Text is
formated then:
this that                      something
there is unbreakable space between 'this' and 'that'.

This is the way I'm using in table of contents generator hack for 1.2x series
--
Petr Vanek --------------
petr [at] yarpen [dot] cz