[Scribus] Re: Typography symbols ?

James Hatridge hatridge
Sat Apr 9 14:59:28 CEST 2005

HI Frank,
On Friday 08 April 2005 19:24, frank gaude' wrote:
> Hello, Jim!
>
> There is one way, using the menu Xtras/Insert Specials. You have your
> cursor in the text file first. Then when you click on Insert Specials
> the entire font set shows. You then click on the glyth you wish to
> insert into the text at your cursor. Hope this is clear.

I got this to work, BUTTTTT to the guys that are writing Scribus. The list of
all the symbols was wayyyy too small for the smaller stuff. How about doing
something to make each symbol bigger. For example, when I put the cursor over
a box make it pops up 2-3x times the normal size. IE please us old farts with
bad eyesight! <G>

Thanks,

JIM

> James Hatridge wrote:
> >Hi all...
> >
> >Is it possible to use typography symbols in Scribus? I'm looking for what
> >Publisher calls "smart quotes". How (or where) do I find them?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >JIM

Jim Hatridge
Linux User #88484
? ? ? ? ? ??? WartHog Bulletin
????? ??? Info about new German Stamps
?? http://www.fuzzybunnymilitia.org/~hatridge/bulletin/index.php

????? ????? Viel Feind -- Viel Ehr'
????? Anti-US Propaganda stamp collection
? http://www.fuzzybunnymilitia.org/~hatridge/collection/index.php