[Scribus] Re: Announcement: typography page on scribus wiki (Christoph Sch?fer)

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Apr 8 23:09:05 CEST 2005

> I just read your wiki article. Can you explain how to make
> straight quotes/prime mark into proper typographer?s quotes, sometimes
> called "curly" or "smart" quotes, in Scribus? I would really like to
> know how to convert regular double or single quote marks to
> typographical quote marks.

Hi Bruce,

you may have learned from previous messages, that there is no way to
autmate the process of creating correct hyphenation marks in scribus yet.
However, if you choose to write your text in OOo you can work around
that problem.  You can change the default settings for quotation marks
(typewriter) to the ones preferred in your language under "Extra -
AutoCorrection/AutoFormat" (I hope the description is correct - I have
no English edition of OOo handy right now).

Then save your text as OOo Writer document and import into scribus. It
works fine.

Christoph