[Scribus] Typography symbols ?

Steve Jacobs steve
Fri Apr 8 17:42:02 CEST 2005

frank gaude' wrote:

> Hello, Jim!
>
> There is one way, using the menu Xtras/Insert Specials. You have your
> cursor in the text file first. Then when you click on Insert Specials
> the entire font set shows. You then click on the glyth you wish to
> insert into the text at your cursor. Hope this is clear.
>
> James Hatridge wrote:
>
>> Hi all...
>>
>> Is it possible to use typography symbols in Scribus? I'm looking for
>> what Publisher calls "smart quotes". How (or where) do I find them?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> JIM

You can also hit F12, then type the 4-digit code for the character you want:

201c = beginning double quotation mark
201d = ending double quotation mark
2018 = beginning single quotation mark
2018 = ending single quotation mark/apostrophe

I use Gucharmap to find the codes.

A couple of others in constant use here are:

2022 = bullet
2014 = em-dash

Regards,

Steve