[Scribus] scribus pdf and helvetica font problem

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Apr 6 13:47:17 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 13:22, Farid Elyahyaoui wrote:
> well, as I said: the font is not installed on my system, so I can't
> possibly embed it. I saw in the scribus source code a couple of
> times that helvetica is used. Could this have to do with it? again:
> I don't have helvetica and don't use it in my documents. How can it
> end up in the pdf?

The real issue is the way the PDF is generated causes Acro Reader to
think it is embedded.

It is fixed in both 1.3.0cvs and 1.2.2cvs:

http://www.scribus.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=11

has snapshots of both 1.2.2cvs and 1.3.0cvs, along with Suse 9.2 rpms.

The 1.2.2cvs tarball is refreshed when new fixes are added.

Cheers,
Peter