[Scribus] New tool for using Microsoft clipart

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Apr 5 19:59:37 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 17:00 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The tool is cross-platform, command-line driven, and released under
> > the GPL.
>
> The tool may be GPL. The clip art certainly won't be.

It doesn't have to be - if they license you to use it in your work and
don't impose any restrictions about what software / tools must be used
with it. I haven't looked.

The MS Core Web Fonts sure aren't GPL either - but folks use them quite
happily and AFAIK legally in their own work.

I'm no lawyer, so don't go yelling at me if anything nasty happens. I
don't think it's reasonable to assume that just because they're not GPL
you can't use them, though (unless you're of the persuasion that it's
wrong to use non-GPL software etc).

--
Craig Ringer