[Scribus] Newbie: Preferences dialog greyed out

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sun Apr 3 05:04:11 CEST 2005

>  > > Following the tutorial, I open a new document, and a New Document
>>  > dialog appears. When it is dismissed, a new blank page is
>>  > displayed, showing the margins I had set for the page. To create a
>>  > frame, I go to Tools-->Properties to bring up the Properties
>>  > dialog. It pops up, but it is greyed out.
>>  >

>>  Select the text frame tool from the tools toolbar and draw your frame. When=
>>  =20
>>  this is selected, the properties palette will be usable.
>
>Yes sir, that was it. I'm a bit allergic to the mouse and so tend to
>ignore tool bar icons. Will have to break that habit (but in my
>defense, the Tutorial didn't mention the step). But is there any
>way I can Insert Text Frame from the keyboard (it would have to be
>dragged to create it, of course)?

Short answer : from the keyboard, no. But, you could've clicked on
"auto frame" in the "New" dialog. This will create automatically a
text frame within the margins in any new page, even the ones you add.

Try it. If you need further help, don't hesitate!

HTH

Louis