[Scribus] Selecting and moving overlapping frames in 1.2.2cvs

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Apr 2 17:49:38 CEST 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 08:58 -0500, Louis Desjardins wrote:
>

>>Yes Craig, this works (although I would add that once you've started
>>resizing the frame holding down CTRL key will only allow to resize
>>proportionally... At a certain point, you have to let go that key if
>>you want more flexibility) and if it's OK I'd put that as a note in
>>bug #1659. Might be useful. I still think the behaviour of Scribus on
>>selecting overlapping frames is difficult to deal with, even with
>>that trick. I think there is room for improvement here. :)
>>

>I tend to agree. Perhaps if there is a selected object, it should always
>be treated as "on top" for input - that is, should always receive mouse
>clicks even if it has another object overlapping the clicked location.
>
>Maybe this can be done during the scribusview.cpp cleanup.

As sort of a half-baked feature request, perhaps there could be a
keyboard command to cycle selection of frames on the current selected
page....

Potential example: Ctrl-Tab selects the "next" frame, cycling through
the frames on a page, then back to the first frame. Shift-Ctrl-Tab
selects the "previous" frame in a similar manner.

Greg