[Scribus] Selecting and moving overlapping frames in 1.2.2cvs

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sat Apr 2 15:58:33 CEST 2005

>On Saturday 02 April 2005 10:47, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
>>  Thanks to Olexandrs debian packages I am now running the cvs from
>>  27032005. Thank you very much for providing these packages!
>>
>>  First of all I tested a bug which annoys me all the time and was
>>  reported being fixed in cvs
>>
>>  When you have overlapping frames, select one frame, click on the handle
>>  which is over or under the overlapping frame the overlapped frame gets
>>  selected and you cannot alter the size of the selected frame.
>>
>>  I tried to search for the bug on scribus.net. 1659 comes near but does
>  > not really cover the problem.

Hi Juh,

I agree the wording I used to report this bug is less than elegant
but it really is what you say! :)
This is a real bug imo. We are talking about the exact same behaviour.

>  >
>  > Shall I report the bug or was it only fixed in a newer version?

AFAIK, it isn't fixed yet. Maybe you'd want to add a note to existing bug.

>The current behaviour works as follows:
>Control shift select any frame on any level on one layer to select it.
>Then to move or resize the frame you have selected, hold down control.

Yes Craig, this works (although I would add that once you've started
resizing the frame holding down CTRL key will only allow to resize
proportionally... At a certain point, you have to let go that key if
you want more flexibility) and if it's OK I'd put that as a note in
bug #1659. Might be useful. I still think the behaviour of Scribus on
selecting overlapping frames is difficult to deal with, even with
that trick. I think there is room for improvement here. :)

Cheers!

Louis