[Scribus] printing canon printers

Bart Alberti bart
Fri Apr 1 07:02:09 CEST 2005

Regrettably my Canon BJ-200 printer (using Berkeley lpd) gave up after I
changed the A4 paper size, since it was clipping the bottom lines, to
'letter.' Then I got a Canon ip1500 photo printer for $49 (!) and that won't
print in SuSE 9.2 even though CUPS and YAST automatically recognize it and
they say it is 'ready.'

Printing in LINUX is not easy at all. I do not care how brilliant our coders
in 'C' are. If the product cannot be delivered to the user easily it is NO
GOOD. I say this as a user and friend of Linux. I am sending this message
from my Win doze box which I was about to junk!

CUPS uses, it seems, ghost script for non post script printers and that is
always a notch or two behind for all the distributions.

Bart Alberti