[Scribus] really slow text editing

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Thu Sep 30 20:16:59 CEST 2004

Jeremy C. Reed a ?crit :

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, igzebedze wrote:
>

>>/I have a reasonable machine (P4 1.8Ghz, 256Mb ram) but Scribus is
>>/terrifically
>>/slow when I type into a text box. There is a few seconds delay between each
>>/keystroke and the letters appearing on screen.
>

>>you should use story editor instead of typing in the text directly.
>

> Is that the only solution?
>
> Do any scribus developers or users consider it a bug to not be able to
> type a headline or other text in a text box without it being too slow?

I will answer from the user?s point of view. Scribus is normally capable
of handling text editing directly in a text frame with very good
performance provided the amount of text is small (ie. a few paragraphs
or less). When things get heavier, it is *highly* recommended to use the
Story Editor. You may also find useful to work in a text editor or word
processor prior to import your text into Scribus for layout. Also,
please note that correcting typos in a large text will be a *slow*
operation.

Louis