Fwd: Re: [Scribus] Zooming and keyboard shortcuts

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Sep 28 21:48:31 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 21:38, Ben Crowder wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 09:24:27PM +0200, Craig Bradney wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 September 2004 21:13, Ben Crowder wrote:
> > > Is there any plan to implement a simple zoom in/out function?
> > > Having the preset 50%/75%/100%/etc. is nice, but most of the time
> > > when I've used PageMaker, being able to easily zoom in and out
> > > without having to think about what zoom percentage I'm at is rather
> > > nice.  (And once it's there, keyboard shortcuts like + and - can be
> > > used, like in Inkscape.)
> >
> > Control 0 and 1 work, as shown in the View menu.
> >
> > You can also set 50%, 75% and 200% in Settings, Keyboard Shortcuts.
> >
> > You can also Click and rotate the mouse wheel if you have one.
>
> I don't (I'm on a laptop), which is why having keyboard shortcuts
> would be really nice.  Most DTP programs I've seen (PageMaker,
> etc.), along with other graphics programs (Inkscape, Gimp, etc.)
> will let you zoom in and out, usually at smaller increments, too
> (10% maybe?).  Would it be too hard to clone Inkscape's zoom
> behavior?

No, it wont be too hard, but I doubt it will happen now in the 1.2.x series -
maybe. We do plan to mirror a lot of the common shortcuts from programs like
Inkscape in 1.3.x.

> Anyway, I'm really really really impressed with Scribus and am
> excited to see it grow.  I used it last night to put together a
> picture scrapbook of about 90 megs' worth of pictures and there was
> no slowdown at all.  Very, very nice. :)

Cool :) Nice to hear :)

Craig