[Scribus] fatal error during splash screen

Michele mfrance
Mon Sep 27 17:20:01 CEST 2004

Alle 15:02, luned? 27 settembre 2004, Bob Horvath ha scritto:
> I am getting an error using Scribus 1.2 where I get a fatal error during
> the splash screen.  The strange thing is it had just worked earlier the
> same day and I got an error messaging about substituting a font for a
> font that was missing.   Any ideas?

Two days ago i got sefaults during the splash. It turned out to be the last
version of freetype i had just installed (2.1.9). The problematic call was
FT_Get_Postscript_Name. I'm not sure it's the same problem because i didn't
got any error message, just segmentation fault.
Anyway returning back to FT 2.1.4 solved the problem.

Michele