[Scribus] Set Tabs and Paragraph style in scripter

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Sep 27 11:08:45 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 15:58, "Bucht?k, Michal" wrote:
> Hi, is there any possibility to set Tabs and set style to paragraph via
> scripter?

You can already apply paragraph styles using the script plugin in
current CVS - use the SetStyle() function.

This will work on both a whole frame or a selected block of text. You
can select a range of text in a frame using the SelectText() function,
then if you call SetStyle() it'll apply the style to that selection. To
apply a style to a whole block, use SetStyle('stylename','blockname') or
use SelectObject() to select the block before calling SetStyle().

Tabs can be set as part of the paragraph style, but I don't _think_ they
can be set separately at the moment.

> Setup paragraph styles (definition) via scripter maybe useful too.

I'm working on it :-) and have an early version working. I just need to
finish it off and fix it up so I can mail it off.

I've been a bit side-tracked by something else at the moment, but will
get back onto that in a bit - assuming no-one else beats me to it.

In the mean time, you can load styles from another document using
LoadStylesFromFile if that's useful.

--
Craig Ringer