[Scribus] Re: Scribus 1.2 installation

Owen rcook
Mon Sep 20 23:49:38 CEST 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:53:51 +0100
Plinnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com> wrote:

> On Monday 20 September 2004 17:41, Norman wrote:

> > I'm using Mandrake Linux 9.2 also using Gnome Desktop. I just downloaded
> > Scribus 1.2 here is what I have in home/name/tmp:
> >
> > scribus-1.2
> > scribus-1.2.tar.bz2
> > scribus-1.2bz2-1.sig
> >
> > What is the very first easy thing I need to do to install Scribus and
> > can I install it from the Gnome desktop? Your help is appreciated.

> If you cannot locate an rpm for 9.2, you will need to compile from source:
>
> See: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=install&page=install
>
> This has complete installation instructions.

I am not sure that url is of help. You need to ensure that the "requirements" that are referenced are available, then

You need to;

unpack the file		bzcat scribus-1.2.tar.bz2|tar xv
cd			cd scribus-1.2
Configure		./configure   (this will build it in /usr)
Make it			make
su
then install it		make install

you might also want to do  "md5sum scribus-1.2.tar.bz2" and see that it's correct

--
Owen