[Scribus] PyQt

el Sismógrafo , S.L. sismi
Mon Sep 20 18:13:18 CEST 2004

I have fiddled around with PyQt again and - exactly it doesn't work...
The funny thing is that Scribus doesn't crash - it closes.

Some time ago I read in a book about python gui-toolkits that you can only
have one instance of QApplication and that this would even go for Qt-Apps
that use python as a scripting language.

?Does that mean that you have to somehow spawn off new windows from the
running app? how the hack would this work?

Apparently it is not a Sip problem but rather something you have to live with
if you are using Qt.